Tips to detoxify your body after the holidays
For many people, the holiday season is synonymous with excess.
Between the preparations, gifts and many other celebrations, we neglect what we eat and in other occasions, the alcoholic beverages that we ingest. But once the holidays are over, it’s time to get back to the routine and our body is usually the most affected.
Here are 6 tips to help you detox your body after the holiday dinner:
Eat a good breakfast to start your day with energy, but avoid ready-made juices, because they contain large amounts of sugar. Whole grain toast and fresh orange juice is the perfect combination of vitamin C and fiber.
2. Cook foods in the oven or boiled. At least for this time, forget about fried foods because they will only add saturated fats to your diet, which are not beneficial at all.
3. It is preferable to have a light dinner. Eat fruits that are high in water, such as pineapple or watermelon. This will help you cleanse your body much faster.
4. Smoothies or detox shakes will be your allies to recover after the excessive food intake you have done. Best of all, you can make them yourself at home or, if you prefer, buy them ready-made.
5. Give away any leftover holiday treats. Candy canes or cupcakes will be your worst temptation if they remain in your home.
6. Don’t snack between meals. Drink herbal teas or smoothies, this will calm your hunger and will help you by its digestive effect.
We hope these tips can help you this holiday season. Similarly, always remember that no food is bad in itself, it is the excesses that end up causing the effects that we do not want.