5 habits to keep your heart healthy
Heart disease and heart attacks are on the list of leading causes of death around the world.
Heart disease and heart attacks are on the list of leading causes of death around the world. However,
The New York Times
reported that 80% of cardiovascular disease cases can be prevented by changing some lifestyle habits.
5 Habits That Can Help Maintain a Healthy Heart
- – Improves the cardiorespiratory system.
- – Lowers triglycerides.
- – Lowers blood pressure and heart rate.
- – Improves blood sugar control.
- – Increases insulin sensitivity.
2. Eat a good diet
- – Fruits and vegetables.
- – Fish.
- – Vegetable oils, such as olive oil.
- – Cereals, grains and legumes.
3. Keep the pressure down
- – It helps to lose weight, in case you are overweight.
- – Moderate alcohol consumption.
- – Moderate salt and sugar intake.
4. Know your blood sugar levels
- – A normal fasting blood sugar level is less than 100 milligrams per deciliter.
- – If you have two separate blood sugar readings that are higher than 126 milligrams per deciliter, you may have type 2 diabetes.
5. Don’t smoke or quit
- – It directly affects the lungs and heart.
From today there is no excuse, you know what to do if you want to stay healthy and avoid heart disease.